original 22 Things list here.
This time the prompt is 22 Things that will make you feel better about yourself. And I highly doubt a bullet to the brain counts. You’d have to ask Angie about that, but I’m pretty sure she would concur. So I’m going to take the prompts and write them out as goals, sort of. Cause that’s how I roll, and these are just for April, because thinking too far ahead hurts my brain.
1. Self-publish one short story.
2. Continue working on current WIPs. #Wordmongering would be wonderfully helpful in this!
3. Attend to my girly needs – like showers, manicures, pedicures etc. I hate feeling like I look trashy.
4. Meal planning! This has made my life easier over the past week, so I need to do more of it.
5. Write 10 non-fiction articles (not including blog posts). Small enough goal, shouldn’t interfere too much with my darling fiction writing.
6. Remove the clutter from my home, a little bit every day. I hate clutter, hate, hate, hate it. But it has infested my living space, therefore, it has to go!
7. Start 3 short stories. It’s not like I’m lacking in ideas.
8. Journal and do my Morning Pages daily. I really notice a difference when I use these tools, but for whatever reason I find myself dropping them when stressed.
9. Get my heart rate up every day. Exercise is good for you, even if all you want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep afterwards <note to self>.
10. Keep better notes throughout the day. If I had written down all the thoughts I was thinking about this blog post, I wouldn’t be stumbling through it now.
11. Clear out area that I want my compost pile in. It’s a mess and I’m not sure what is buried under the leaves. Probably don’t want to know.
12. Use up what I already have on hand before I go grocery shopping. Seems so simple, yet somehow it’s not.
13. Save money any way I can. Clipping coupons, trading points for gift cards, buying less – I’m not picky. Every little bit of money I don’t spend works in my favor.
14. Make a shopping list and stick to it! See above, it’s all about saving money. And I have a bit of an impulse buyer issue.
15. Write down my dreams. Been having some really odd ones, and I’d like to remember them. There could be patterns, or it could become story fodder.
16. Get a decent night’s sleep. 10pm bedtime, but no later than 11pm. And Twitter is not a viable excuse to stay up late.
17. Stop avoiding my to do list. I put those items on there because they need to get done, not because they look shiny on the page.
18. 6am wake up call. My alarm is already set for 6, but I’m not doing so great in the listening to it department. This one might just never happen, but it’s worth a try.
19. Write something for at least one writing contest. Can be a poem, short story, and flash fiction, whatever. Just do it.
20. Spend more time with my daughter. She needs her Mommy.
21. No smoking! I hate that nasty stuff. I’ll just have to find something else to self-medicate with.
22. Catch up on my reading and reviewing. Currently have 10 books that have been read already, that are just waiting for the re-read and review. This number will just keep climbing if I don’t start taking care of this.
So that’s my 22 Things for April. Admittedly it was way harder to write them out like this, I had the hardest time coming up with 22 Things. But I did it! How well I do with them, well, that’s another blog post. J