Sunday, March 25

Six Sentence Sunday: House Of Dolls

Decided to play along, as part of my 22 things of getting more involved in the writing community. So I'm going to snatch six sentences from my current (okay one of many) WIPs, House Of Dolls.


The house had stood empty for decades. The locals of Belle Hollow, West Virginia called it the House of Dolls. It was rumored that Belle Taylor, who once owned all the land in Belle Hollow, had an extensive doll collection. There wasn’t a room in the house that wasn’t filled with dolls, the old-timers said. The house was set back amongst the trees at the end of the road, with cornfields on either side. It harkened back to an older time, a mix of Victorian and Southern manor styles, it was almost a symbol of country life.

Probably not the best, or worst, six sentences I could have chosen, but I'm limited. It's fairly new, and I haven't dedicated enough writing time to anything lately. Either way, it's up and here for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment